IMPORTANT DATES & INFORMATION:
The next LAAA/Gallery 825 Artist Membership Screening will be held
November 9, 12 & 13, 2013.
Drop off art & materials: (No appointment necessary)
- Saturday, November 9: 10:30a to 5p
- Tuesday, November 12: 10:30a to 5p
- Wednesday, November 13: 10:30a to 5p
Pick up artwork & materials: (No appointment necessary)
Notification of acceptance or non-acceptance will be made in letter form on the following dates:
- Friday, November 15: 10:30a to 5p
- Saturday, November 16: 10:30a to 5p
Los Angeles Art Association
825 N. La Cienega Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90069
OPEN TO ALL SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA ARTISTS
The next LAAA Artist Member Screening will be held in November 2013.
ABOUT LOS ANGELES ARTS ASSOCIATION (LAAA)
LAAA is a 501(c)(3) non- profit organization whose mission is to provide opportunities, resources, services, and exhibition venues for emerging Los Angeles artists of all media. LAAA began as a civic art institution in the 1920s, connecting elite art interests to Hollywood collectors, emerging after World War II as the center of Los Angeles modernism and finally becoming the city's nexus for emerging artists of all media.
Gallery 825 on La Cienega Boulevard is the exhibition arm of the organization. At this venue, LAAA hosts a wide variety of group shows, solo shows, lectures, workshops and artist talks. All LAAA exhibition opportunities are juried by regional and national (non-LAAA) art professionals, giving emerging artists access to the highest level decision makers in the art world.
LAAA programs include:
- Mentoring opportunities pairing young artists with established artists.
- Ongoing career preparedness and workplace readiness workshops for artists.
- Panel discussions with celebrated artists and art historians.
- Film & Video 825: Ongoing screenings of local and nationally recognized video artists' work.
- LAAA Artist Sponsorships for economically disadvantaged artists.
- Peer Review Groups: Ongoing artist driven peer-critique groups.
- Public Art Classes: Ongoing studio art classes for beginners and maturing artists.
- Ongoing international cultural exchange opportunities for LAAA artists.
- All Artists must live in Southern California.
- Applicants must submit:
- Two (2) original pieces of artwork created within the last 3 years.
LAAA will consider all media.
Rules & Guidelines for submitting artwork are as follows:
- Framed work and work on paper/canvas must be no larger than 5'x5' in either direction.
- No rolled canvases will be accepted.
- Unframed pieces must be professionally presented in a portfolio, mounted or otherwise protected.
- Sculpture must be no larger than 4'x4'x4'.
- Film and video pieces must be submitted on VHS or DVD.
- Installation work must be submitted in the form of documentation (i.e. photo, VHS or DVD), along with a sample/article from the installation.
- Three (3) 8"x10" color printouts of additional artwork, properly labeled and submitted in a sheet protector. Video artists may submit 3 additional videos.
- Artist Statement: 150 words or less.
- Non-refundable application fee of $35 (make checks payable to LAAA)
- Membership Application
- All work is reviewed by the exhibition committee and guest jurors.
- If admitted into the association, membership dues in 2014 are $290.