CALL FOR ARTISTS
LAAA Artist Screening
Submit online to Los Angeles Art Association's Membership Screening!
About LAAA Artist Membership:
As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, LAAA's mission is to provide opportunities, resources, services and exhibition venues for emerging artists. Founded in 1925, LAAA has launched the art careers of many celebrated artists and has played a central role in the formation of Los Angeles' arts community.
LAAA Programs include:
- Opportunities to submit your work to LAAA gallery exhibitions and have your work reviewed by a diverse group of art professionals.
- Mentoring opportunities pairing young artists with established artists.
- Ongoing career preparedness and workplace readiness workshops for artists.
- Panel discussions with celebrated artists and art historians.
- Film & Video 825: Ongoing screenings of local and nationally recognized video artists' work.
- LAAA Artist Sponsorships for economically disadvantaged artists.
- Ongoing international cultural exchange opportunities for LAAA artists.
Submission Rules & Guidelines
Open to all emerging artists living in the U.S. Entries must be recent work created within the last three years.
All media. No craft or functional art. Video must be under 10 minutes in duration. For video, please upload to YouTube or Vimeo. Then copy and paste the URL in the appropriate fields.
$35 for up to 5 entries. Entry fees are non-refundable.
Images must be under 1 MB. Complete the online form on or before September 23, 2016 at 5p. You will receive an email, confirming the committee's decision on or before by September 27, 2016.
Artists may also submit via mail or hand delivery. Please click here for offline submission form.
If accepted for artist membership
Prorated membership dues for September 2016 are $175 (annual membership dues are $290).
LAAA Artist Members are required to serve 8 hours a year. You may waive this requirement by paying a $80 yearly volunteer waiver fee.