What is LAAAb
LAAAb is a private collector group that offers a minimum of six (6) exclusive experiences per year, including:
- guided visits to artists' studios
- private tours of individual art collections
- gallery and institutional curatorial walkthroughs
- and other behind-the-scenes access to LA's contemporary art world.
LAAAb members enjoy contemporary art, affordable collecting and social
networking. They are art advocates and emerging collectors, who want ongoing access to LA's contemporary art communities through an organization with a legacy of supporting emerging artists.
How do I join
While most collector groups charge for membership and per event, LAAAb's exclusive events are free with your LAAAb membership. For only $500 per year, you'll enjoy private art events with no additional per diem event costs. Two people can sign up for only $800. And as part of LAAA's public programming, LAAAb helps support LAAA's mission of providing opportunities to local emerging artists. Click here to sign up today!
All LAAAb events are private. We respect the privacy of the art professionals and collectors, who share their workplaces and homes with LAAAb. Recent events include an international trip to Cuba, private Curator tours of LACMA and Gagosian Gallery, private home tours and artist studio visits throughout the Southland. If you're interested in details about LAAAb's exclusive arts programming, please call 310.652.8272, or email Nancy Kaye, Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Art Trip To Spain
We have a few remaining spaces available for our next art trip to Spain on August 21-28.
Please join us for our next art filled trip to Barcelona and Bilbao, Spain on August 21-28.
Barcelona and Bilbao are the focus of seven art-filled days in Spain exploring the modern and contemporary cultural splendors in each city. We'll stay in centrally located four-star hotels and enjoy delicious, regional cuisine in celebrated restaurants. Private gallery and artist studio visits will be featured together with guided tours at major museums and other important cultural venues.
In Barcelona, featured venues include:
- The Picasso Museum, where an extensive collection of the artist's masterworks is on display in five adjoining medieval palaces.
- MACBA, Barcelona's Museum of Contemporary Art
- A local gallery "hop"
- Explore modernist architecture along Passeig de Garcia en route to La Sagrada Familia, Antoni Gaudi's unfinished masterpiece.
- The Tápies Foundation, created by the Catalan painter Antoni Tápies for the purpose of promoting the study and knowledge of contemporary art.
- A visit to a private home with a stunning art collection.
- The Miró Foundation, created by Miró himself, where his work co-exists with cutting-edge contemporary art.
- The Mies Foundation, best known for the now iconic Barcelona Pavilion designed by Mies van der Rohe for the 1929 International Exposition.
- TheEl Born district, a picturesque part of the city filled with art galleries, boutique shops and eateries.
In Bilbao, featured venues include:
- The Guggenheim Museum. This 1997 architectural landmark designed by Frank Gehry provides a seductive backdrop for the modern and contemporary art housed within.
- A daylong excursion to San Sebastian, including a group lunch, begins with a visit to the Chillida Foundation, dedicated to the memory of Spanish sculptor Eduardo Chillida. The museum showcases many of the sculptor's monumental works in a sculpture park.
- Later, we'll see more Chillida sculptures, together with work by Jorge Oteia and others, during a walking tour through the city's Open Air Contemporary Museum.
- The Kursaal Center for Performing Arts, designed by Rafael Moneo
- A private tour at the Museum of Fine Arts Bilbao.
- Architecture and sculpture walk in the Arts District highlights the Rekalde Art Center and features studio and gallery visits.
- Farewell dinner at one of the Basque Country's best restaurants.
- Art Muse LA host and coordination
- 7 nights in 4 star hotels with breakfast
- 2 dinners (welcome and farewell)
- lunches on most days
- air between Barcelona and Bilbao
- ground transportation as needed in each city
- private guides (local experts)
The price per person sharing a room (Double occupancy) is $4,500 per person. The cost for single person is $5,300.
Please know that the price does not include international airfare, cost of meals that are not included and any personal incidentals.
To ensure your spot on the trip, we are requesting a $1,000 deposit per person by May 31, 2017. The deposit is non-refundable after May 31, 2017.
We will be requesting final payment by June 1,2017.
Cancellation fees will apply.
If you would like to join us on this exciting adventure and secure your space
Please join LAAAb at the Fowler Museum at UCLA, for a guided tour of the Fowler Collection, including the collections store rooms upstairs on April 26 at 6:30pm.
ITINERARY: Fowler Museum at UCLA
Date and Time: April 26, 2017 6:30pm. Address: 308 Charles E Young Dr E, Los Angeles CA 90024
2017 LAAAb's in San Francisco!
The itinerary included a private tour of the newly renovated SFMoMA, artist studio visits including Wanxin Zhang, guided gallery tours of Jessica Silverman Gallery and Catherine Clark. An artist talk with Stacey Steers, a private tour of the Rappaport home and collection also a visit to the Anderson Collection.
2016 LAAAb's International Art Trip to Cuba
Those who traveled with LAAAb’s international trip to Cuba discovered the culture, a land frozen in time yet possessing a vibrant art, music, cultural and intellectual life set in a time warp. There were exclusive access to artists studios, a guided tour of the Museum of Fine Arts, special dinners at private homes.and attended the International Ballet.
On Wednesday, December 7, 2016 we visited two very special photo-based artists. The studio of James R. Lane to see his unique photo-based "paintings" on yupo paper.
then to the studio of Nancy Baron, celebrated photographer/author of Palm Springs: The Good Life.