What is LAAAb
LAAAb is a private collector group that offers a minimum of six (6) exclusive experiences per year, including:
- guided visits to artists' studios
- private tours of individual art collections
- gallery and institutional curatorial walkthroughs
- and other behind-the-scenes access to LA's contemporary art world.
LAAAb members enjoy contemporary art, affordable collecting and social
networking. They are art advocates and emerging collectors, who want ongoing access to LA's contemporary art communities through an organization with a legacy of supporting emerging artists.
How do I join
While most collector groups charge for membership and per event, LAAAb's exclusive events are free with your LAAAb membership. For only $500 per year, you'll enjoy private art events with no additional per diem event costs. Two people can sign up for only $800. And as part of LAAA's public programming, LAAAb helps support LAAA's mission of providing opportunities to local emerging artists. Click here to sign up today!
All LAAAb events are private. We respect the privacy of the art professionals and collectors, who share their workplaces and homes with LAAAb. Recent events include an international trip to Cuba, private Curator tours of LACMA and Gagosian Gallery, private home tours and artist studio visits throughout the Southland. If you're interested in details about LAAAb's exclusive arts programming, please call 310.652.8272, or email Nancy Kaye, Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Art Trip to San Francisco
Trip to Spain
Tour of Fowler Museum
2017 Trip to SF
By popular demand, LAAA is planning another art immersed trip to fabulous San Francisco on February 1-4, 2018.
Our busy itinerary includes a trip to the Anderson Collection at Stanford, private tours of SFMoMA, Jessica Silverman Gallery and the Catharine Clark Galley, studio visits to see artists Travis Somerville, Ray Beldner, Wanxin Zhang and Taravat Talepasand as well as rare visit to one of San Francisco's leading private art collections.
Price is $1600 per person (based on double occupancy) and includes 3 nights hotel at the SF Marriott Downtown (walking distance to SFMoMA), transportation for all art activities on Friday, Feb 2 and Saturday Feb. 3, one group meal and all programming. Airfare not included.
Space is limited, first come, first serve.
Don't miss out, Click here to sign up today!
You can also call the gallery with payment 310.652.8272. Gallery hours are Tue. - Sat. from 10am-5pm.
Cancellation will result in a 20% penalty.
Barcelona and Bilbao were the focus of seven art-filled days in Spain exploring the modern and contemporary cultural splendors in each city. We stayed in centrally located four-star hotels and enjoyed delicious, regional cuisine in celebrated restaurants. Private gallery and artist studio visits, along with guided tours at major museums and other important cultural venues were among our activities.
In Barcelona, featured venues included:
- The Picasso Museum, where an extensive collection of the artist's masterworks is on display in five adjoining medieval palaces.
- MACBA, Barcelona's Museum of Contemporary Art
- A local gallery "hop"
- Explore modernist architecture along Passeig de Garcia en route to La Sagrada Familia, Antoni Gaudi's unfinished masterpiece.
- The Tápies Foundation, created by the Catalan painter Antoni Tápies for the purpose of promoting the study and knowledge of contemporary art.
- A visit to a private home with a stunning art collection.
- The Miró Foundation, created by Miró himself, where his work co-exists with cutting-edge contemporary art.
- The Mies Foundation, best known for the now iconic Barcelona Pavilion designed by Mies van der Rohe for the 1929 International Exposition.
- TheEl Born district, a picturesque part of the city filled with art galleries, boutique shops and eateries.
In Bilbao, featured venues included:
- The Guggenheim Museum. This 1997 architectural landmark designed by Frank Gehry provides a seductive backdrop for the modern and contemporary art housed within.
- A daylong excursion to San Sebastian, including a group lunch, begins with a visit to the Chillida Foundation, dedicated to the memory of Spanish sculptor Eduardo Chillida. The museum showcases many of the sculptor's monumental works in a sculpture park.
- Later, we'll see more Chillida sculptures, together with work by Jorge Oteia and others, during a walking tour through the city's Open Air Contemporary Museum.
- The Kursaal Center for Performing Arts, designed by Rafael Moneo
- A private tour at the Museum of Fine Arts Bilbao.
- Architecture and sculpture walk in the Arts District highlights the Rekalde Art Center and features studio and gallery visits.
- Farewell dinner at one of the Basque Country's best restaurants.
- Art Muse LA host and coordination
- 7 nights in 4 star hotels with breakfast
- 2 dinners (welcome and farewell)
- lunches on most days
- air between Barcelona and Bilbao
- ground transportation as needed in each city
- private guides (local experts)
LAAAb went to the Fowler Museum at UCLA, for a guided tour of the Fowler Collection, including the collections store rooms upstairs.
2017 LAAAb's in San Francisco!
The itinerary included a private tour of the newly renovated SFMoMA, artist studio visits including Wanxin Zhang, guided gallery tours of Jessica Silverman Gallery and Catherine Clark. An artist talk with Stacey Steers, a private tour of the Rappaport home and collection also a visit to the Anderson Collection.
2016 LAAAb's International Art Trip to Cuba
Those who traveled with LAAAb’s international trip to Cuba discovered the culture, a land frozen in time yet possessing a vibrant art, music, cultural and intellectual life set in a time warp. There were exclusive access to artists studios, a guided tour of the Museum of Fine Arts, special dinners at private homes.and attended the International Ballet.
On Wednesday, December 7, 2016 we visited two very special photo-based artists. The studio of James R. Lane to see his unique photo-based "paintings" on yupo paper.
then to the studio of Nancy Baron, celebrated photographer/author of Palm Springs: The Good Life.