About LAAA Artist Membership:
As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, LAAA's mission is to provide opportunities, resources, services and exhibition venues for emerging artists. Founded in 1925, LAAA has launched the art careers of many celebrated artists and has played a central role in the formation of Los Angeles' arts community. In 2018 alone, LAAA provided 17 solo exhibitions & 8 group exhibitions for LAAA artists, exhibited in eight art fairs, facilitated 8 full-day artist workshops and portfolio reviews, presented 13 artist critique groups, 3 international exchanges and 1 highly visible public art installation.
If your work is accepted, LAAA Artist membership benefits include:
- Opportunities to submit your work to LAAA gallery exhibitions and have your work reviewed by a rich group of established art professionals.
- Priority access and discounts to frequent career preparedness and workplace readiness workshops and portfolio reviews for artists.
- Ongoing artist driven critique groups.
- Panel discussions with celebrated artists and art historians.
- Ongoing notification of regional, national and international (non-LAAA) artist opportunities.
- Access to LAAA's rich and diverse community of artists.
- Exclusive listing on LAAA's Art Consultant database for art dealers, art consultants, curators and designers.
- LAAA Artist Sponsorships for economically disadvantaged artists.
- Ongoing international cultural exchange opportunities for LAAA artists.
- All of LAAA exhibitions are cost free submissions for LAAA artists with the exception of LAAA's annual Open Show (members receive discounted submission fee for this exhibit).
Submission Rules & Guidelines:
Eligibility: This is a competitive submission. Open to all emerging artists living in the U.S. Entries must be recent work created within the last three years.
Media: All media. No craft or functional art. Video must be under 10 minutes in duration. For video, please upload to YouTube or Vimeo. Then copy and paste the URL in the appropriate fields.
Entry Fees: $35 for up to 5 entries.
Entry fees are non-refundable.
Online Submissions: Images must be under 1 MB. Complete the online form by April 15, 2019 at 5pm. You will receive an email, confirming the committee's decision on or before by April 18, 2019.
If accepted for artist membership:
Prorated membership dues for April 2019 are $225. LAAA Artist Members are required to serve 8 hours a year. You may waive this requirement by paying a $80 yearly volunteer waiver fee. Annual membership dues are $290 (Jan 1-Dec 31).
About: Los Angeles Art Association (LAAA) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide opportunities, resources, services and exhibition venues for emerging Los Angeles artists of all media. LAAA began as a civic art institution in the 1920s, connecting elite art interests to Hollywood collectors, emerging after World War II as the center of Los Angeles modernism and finally becoming the city's nexus for emerging artists of all media. LAAA serves as a dynamic force for contemporary ideas, outreach, and community. Gallery 825 and Los Angeles Art Association are located in the heart of La Cienega Boulevard's Restaurant Row at 825 North La Cienega Bl., Los Angeles, CA 90069. Gallery hours are 10am - 5pm, Tuesday - Saturday or by appointment. Please call 310.652.8272 or visit www.laaa.org.