Workshop | Career Planning and Income Generating Tools
When: Sunday, March 12, 2017 from 9 am - 5 pm
Need income streams for your art practice beyond gallery representation? Strengthen your professional development with an immersive 1 day artist-centric program focused on the practical needs of artists from Los Angeles Art Association, the organization committed to the needs of artists.
On March 12, our expert panelists examine strategies to sustain a career and generate income as a full-time visual artist. First, we will examine the practical tactics, logistical paths and disposition of the full-time artist. Next we'll explore grant opportunities and best practices for submissions for artists. Finally, we will explore non-gallery opportunities to generate income for artists.
Where: Burke Triolo Studio
538 Mission Street
South Pasadena, 91030
Who: Panelists include:
• Richard Bruland , Artist, Represented by Lora Schlesinger Gallery
• Andrew Campbell, Arts Manager, City of West Hollywood.
• Judy Faulkner, nonprofit executive, artist
• Sharon Kagan, Artist, Brody Grant recipient
• Marylinda Moss, Art Consultant, Fine Art Source
• Peter Mays, Executive Director, LAAA
Cost: $100: LAAA Members, $110: Students and Seniors, $180: Non-Members