LAAA offers guided national and international art tours.
Art Trip To Spain
We have a few remaining spaces available for our next art trip to Spain on August 21-28.
Please join us for LAAAb's International Trip to Art Trip to Barcelona & Bilbao, Spain August 21-28
Barcelona and Bilbao are the focus of seven art-filled days in Spain exploring the modern and contemporary cultural splendors in each city. We'll stay in centrally located four-star hotels and enjoy delicious, regional cuisine in celebrated restaurants. Private gallery and artist studio visits will be featured together with guided tours at major museums and other important cultural venues.
In Barcelona, featured venues include:
- The Picasso Museum, where an extensive collection of the artist's masterworks is on display in five adjoining medieval palaces.
- MACBA, Barcelona's Museum of Contemporary Art
- A local gallery "hop"
- Explore modernist architecture along Passeig de Garcia en route to La Sagrada Familia, Antoni Gaudi's unfinished masterpiece.
- The Tápies Foundation, created by the Catalan painter Antoni Tápies for the purpose of promoting the study and knowledge of contemporary art.
- A visit to a private home with a stunning art collection.
- The Miró Foundation, created by Miró himself, where his work co-exists with cutting-edge contemporary art.
- The Mies Foundation, best known for the now iconic Barcelona Pavilion designed by Mies van der Rohe for the 1929 International Exposition.
- TheEl Born district, a picturesque part of the city filled with art galleries, boutique shops and eateries.
In Bilbao, featured venues include:
- The Guggenheim Museum. This 1997 architectural landmark designed by Frank Gehry provides a seductive backdrop for the modern and contemporary art housed within.
- A daylong excursion to San Sebastian, including a group lunch, begins with a visit to the Chillida Foundation, dedicated to the memory of Spanish sculptor Eduardo Chillida. The museum showcases many of the sculptor's monumental works in a sculpture park.
- Later, we'll see more Chillida sculptures, together with work by Jorge Oteia and others, during a walking tour through the city's Open Air Contemporary Museum.
- The Kursaal Center for Performing Arts, designed by Rafael Moneo
- A private tour at the Museum of Fine Arts Bilbao.
- Architecture and sculpture walk in the Arts District highlights the Rekalde Art Center and features studio and gallery visits.
- Farewell dinner at one of the Basque Country's best restaurants.
- Art Muse LA host and coordination
- 7 nights in 4 star hotels with breakfast
- 2 dinners (welcome and farewell)
- lunches on most days
- air between Barcelona and Bilbao
- ground transportation as needed in each city
- private guides (local experts)
The price per person sharing a room (Double occupancy) is $4,500 per person. The cost for single person is $5,300.
Please know that the price does not include international airfare, cost of meals that are not included and any personal incidentals.
To ensure your spot on the trip, we are requesting a $1,000 deposit per person by May 31, 2017. The deposit is non-refundable after May 31, 2017.
We will be requesting final payment by June 1,2017.
Cancellation fees will apply.
If you would like to join us on this exciting adventure and secure your space sign up today!
2017 LAAAb's in San Francisco!
The itinerary included a private tour of the newly renovated SFMoMA, artist studio visits including Wanxin Zhang, guided gallery tours of Jessica Silverman Gallery and Catherine Clark. An artist talk with Stacey Steers, a private tour of the Rappaport home and collection also a visit to the Anderson Collection.
2016 LAAAb's International Art Trip to Cuba
Those who traveled with LAAAb’s international trip to Cuba discovered the culture, a land frozen in time yet possessing a vibrant art, music, cultural and intellectual life set in a time warp. There were exclusive access to artists studios, a guided tour of the Museum of Fine Arts, special dinners at private homes.and attended the International Ballet.